Travel program coaches conduct practices once per week including player clinics. Practice times are set by
coaches after teams are formed just before the season begins. Times are usually set up after the coach talks with
team members and find a time convenient for members of his/her team. Milton Soccer does not refund
registration fees for a player's inability to meet team practice times. K-2 practices are held prior to game time.
Guidelines for good practices:
- The coach smiles frequently and encourages with positive comments, catching players doing things right.
- Every player has a ball at his or her feet.
- No players stand in line, ever. They're always doing something with the ball or moving to a ball.
- The kids are having fun. The coach has organized games that teach skills. There are no "rote" drills.
- The practice includes a "live game" scrimmage for at least 15 minutes (30 minutes for older kids).
- The kids go home tired
Milton Soccer sends out a sign-up genius at the beginning of the season to sign up for a field location and
time. During practices, you need only half a field to practice on. If there is another team practicing, invite them to
scrimmage with your team at the end of your practice.
- Note: Make-up games take priority over practices.