Travel Soccer is for grades 3-8 and games are on Saturdays (5 home and 5 away games) with weekday practices. There will be limited slots on 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teams (2 teams, 3 teams, 3 teams respectively). Most of these slots will be filled with players who were placed on travel teams in the prior Fall season. If you played travel in Fall of the prior season or would like to be considered for any slots that may open up for Spring, please register for Travel Evaluation. If and when you are placed on a travel team, you will be automatically billed for the difference in registration fee. If you are not placed on a travel team, you will be automatically placed in Champions League. You must register on time to be placed on a Grade 3, 4, or 5 travel team in Spring.
The registration fee is $150. Uniform (jersey, shorts, and socks) must be purchased separately, but can be reused season-to-season. Please note: ALL new Travel players will need to purchase a uniform.
- A note on uniform sizing. Travel jerseys run small, and are a trimmer soccer fit. YS for smaller 3G kids, YM good for 3G, 4G, and some 5G. YL for larger 4G, 5G and reg 6G, smaller 7G.
- AS, AM , AL sizes are trim adult fit.
- Training jackets run large, one size bigger than jerseys.
- Sweatshirts run regular size.
Player evaluations are held in June for 3rd through 8th grades for placement on appropriate teams. U16 and U18 opportunities are available in the spring for high school players. These evaluations are run by a third party (Steel Soccer) and those evaluation results, along with coach evaluations from the players' prior K-2, Champions League, and/or Travel Coaches are used to determine placement. Travel coaches are expected to hold a Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association G & F license. Skills clinics will be offered for several weeks each season by Steel Soccer professional coaches.
- Milton Soccer intends that no child be denied the opportunity to participate in the soccer program due to family financial problems. Portions of player registration fees may be waived if special situations warrant such action. Hardship registrations must be approved by the Registrar, with input from the President as needed. Other Board Members, including the President, do not have the authority to approve hardship registrations but may submit a request to the Registrar. The full registration fee will be charged unless a lesser fee is pre-approved. A refund will be issued if a hardship case is approved after