Grades 3-8 will play in the Bay Area Youth Soccer league - www.bays.org. Under normal circumstances, spring evaluations would be used to form two even competitive teams in Grades 3 & 4; the other teams in these grades would be as balanced as possible. In grades 5-8, teams will be leveled (placements based on external and coach evaluations). Games on Saturdays (5 home and 5 away games), weekday practices, fall and spring. If you have not played Travel soccer in the past or if your child has outgrown their uniform please order one at https://miltonyouthsoccer18.itemorder.com/sale or during the registration process.
The registration fee is $150. Uniform (jersey, shorts, and socks) must be purchased separately, but can be reused season-to-season. Please note: ALL new Travel players will need to purchase a uniform.
- A note on uniform sizing. Travel jerseys run small, and are a trimmer soccer fit. YS for smaller 3G kids, YM good for 3G, 4G, and some 5G. YL for larger 4G, 5G and reg 6G, smaller 7G.
- AS, AM , AL sizes are trim adult fit.
- Training jackets run large, one size bigger than jerseys.
- Sweatshirts run regular size.
In the past, player evaluations were held in June for 3rd through 8th grades for placement on appropriate teams. U16 and U18 opportunities are available in the spring for high school players. These evaluations are run by a third party and those evaluation results, along with coach evaluations from the players' prior K2+ and Travel Coaches are used to determine placement. Travel coaches are expected to hold a Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association G & F license. Skills clinics will be offered for several weeks each season by professional coaches.
- For Fall 2020 only, due to COVID 19 health and safety guidelines, we will only hold evaluations for rising 3rd graders that register for the Travel program. The other grades will be placed on teams based on previous evaluations (external and coach input). Grade 3 evaluations will be held Aug 17 & 18 and Aug 24 & 25 in the evenings. Players will be expected to make any 2 of these 4 sessions. More details about evaluations will be forthcoming as health and safety guidelines evolve. We will follow Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association (www.mayouthsoccer.org) guidelines in terms of playing conditions, leagues, and safety concerns for Fall 2020.
- Milton Soccer intends that no child be denied the opportunity to participate in the soccer program due to family financial problems. Portions of player registration fees may be waived if special situations warrant such action. Hardship registrations must be approved by the Registrar, with input from the President as needed. Other Board Members, including the President, do not have the authority to approve hardship registrations but may submit a request to the Registrar. The full registration fee will be charged unless a lesser fee is pre-approved. A refund will be issued if a hardship case is approved after