We are pleased to announce our 2019 Milton Soccer Coaches of the Year. We asked for nominations from parents and players and the responses were tremendous. The winning coaches all represent outstanding sportsmanship while motivating kids to learn the game and have fun!
- Boys K-2 - Erin Hardy - "Erin brought an incredible amount of positive energy to the field this fall. She obviously knows the sport well and did a great job organizing drills and practice activities that were appropriate, fun and productive for the 5-6 year old players. Erin did a great job of building excitement each week and displayed what it means to be dedicated and committed to a team sport while also keeping it fun. It takes a special person to coach young kids and we feel so lucky to have had coach Erin this year."
- Girls K-2 - Tom Conroy - "Tom makes every time out on the pitch educational, fun, and goes out of his way to create a true team atmosphere that's respectful of the sport & other players. The World Cup is where he especially shines, thinking up toys & face paint to show off the team's nationalism. He keeps everyone coming back each season."
- Boys Champions League - Gary Hanley - "Gary focused on the strengths of each child and brought out the best in them. He showed respect and taught respect. He is a coach who leads by example. Good sportsmanship was paramount to his coaching style. His knowledge of soccer, his calm, gentle nature, his good sense of humor and his pure love of the game make him the perfect choice."
- Girls Champions League - Karen Harris - "Coach Karen is a great teacher for the girls that she coaches and makes things fun. She does an excellent job in relating to them and gives them goals to aim for during the games."
- Boys Travel - Kevin Gorham - "Kevin is a great coach who exemplifies good sportsmanship. The boys respect him and became an amazing team. He is respectful and an inspiring coach. Professional and responsible."
- Girls Travel - Bridget Gaffney - "Bridget's dedication and hard work is amazing. She works up agendas prior to every practice and explains the goals to the girls. My daughter had such a good time this year and thrived under Bridget. She really cares for the girls and they have improved so much under her from a skills and sportswomanship perspective."