Milton Soccer is non-profit organization which provides soccer programs for players of all abilities. The largest youth sports organization in Milton, we currently have over 1000 children who participate in our programs. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for the youth of Milton to develop soccer skills, to learn respect for rules, the value of teamwork and self-discipline, to gain self-confidence through the improvement of their athletic skills, all while fostering proper attitudes toward competition and sportsmanship and providing an enjoyable and satisfying experience for all players, parents, coaches and referees in our programs.
Milton Soccer wishes to create and foster a safe learning environment in which all children enjoy themselves and develop an appreciation for all aspects of the game of soccer. Soccer not only offers the opportunity to display specific physical skills, but more importantly, it offers the opportunity to develop a sense of team, cooperation, work ethic, self-discipline, and personal accountability and responsibility. Milton Soccer will continually strive to be a program which stresses integrity, honesty, honor, and class.
TO ENJOY ONESELF: The game must be fun to practice, play and learn
TO LEARN AND STUDY THE GAME: The game must be played safely and fairly
TO VALUE EFFORT: Effort is always stressed. The game allows for a wide range of skills
TO MAKE A COMMITMENT: The game requires prioritizing all responsibilities.
TO LEARN SELF DISCIPLINE: The game is based on teamwork as well as individual skills.
TO RESPECT SPORTSMANSHIP: Players must learn and value healthy competition.
Playing Time Policy
Consistent with its philosophy of helping young players learn, experience and enjoy the sport of soccer, it is the official policy of Milton Soccer that all players should be allocated a minimum of fifty percent of the playing time in each game of the season.
Placement Policy - Travel
Milton Soccer holds travel player evaluations every spring for players that will be registering for Grade 3 through 8 age groups (Entering grades 3-8) in the Fall. Grade 3 and Grade 4 may have limited numbers of teams. As players move to 9v9 (Grades 5 & 6) and 11v11 (Grades 7 & 8), team composition naturally changes as players develop differently at different ages. At Grade 5 and above, these are not "tryouts", in the sense that everyone who registers on time will be placed on an appropriate travel team. BAYS has many levels and every team is placed at a level where players can both be challenged and succeed.
Player evaluations are conducted by professional, external coaches that are unbiased. Attending both days of evaluations yields a better evaluation, but one day is OK if players cannot make both days. Please bring a ball and water. Players will play small-sided games and will be evaluated on technical, tactical, athletic, and personality (attitude) characteristics. Evaluations are only held once per year and are used for placements for both Fall and Spring seasons.
Player and team placement is very much dependent on the number of players that register on time. Input is also sought from coaches who see the players every week. This process is not perfect, but it has shown to work out over the long term. If you have any questions, please direct them to Bob Chen [email protected], Girls Coordinator) or Atilla Ceranoglu ([email protected], Boys Coordinator.)
- Fall registrations are due July 1. We submit teams to BAYS by July 1 for BAYS placements.
- Spring registrations are due January 5th. We submit teams to BAYS by mid-January for BAYS placements.
- There are no guarantees of placement on teams for late registrations.
- There will be a maximum of 22 Players on a Div 3 or 4 roster (Grade 7 and up).
- There will be a maximum of 21 on an MTOC eligible Spring team (Grade 7 and up).
- There will be a maximum of 16 on a Grade 5 or Grade 6 team (9v9).
- There will be a maximum of 13 on a Grade 3 or Grade 4 team (7v7).
- Special requests for placements will be taken to the Board for a vote and must be submitted by July 1 for Fall and December 1 for Spring.
- Players are placed according to BAYS guidelines and at a grade appropriate level.
- All players will be evaluated (external) in May/June for the following Fall & Spring seasons.
- If players are not evaluated, they may or may not be placed on any team.
- Players will be “leveled” according to evaluations and coaches' inputs.
Placement Policy - K-2
- Sign-ups are due July 1st for the Fall season and January 5th for the Spring season.
- Players will be placed by grade (Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades) first.
- Requests will be honored if possible and if grade appropriate.
- There are no guarantees after the deadline due to equipment limitations.
- Fall K2 starts on the Saturday following Labor Day.
- Spring K2 starts on the 2nd or 3rd Saturday of April.
Bylaws can be requested by contacting [email protected]